1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 35 mins
Make a great gift, especially around Thanksgiving/Christmas time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large cast-iron casserole, combine the apples and water.
- 2Cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring often, until soft, about 20 minutes.
- 3Uncover and cook on low heat, stirring occasionally, until it forms a thickened puree, about 45 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, cook the cranberries with sugar over low heat, stirring occasionally, until a thick puree forms, about 15 minutes.
- 5Pass cranberry puree through a coarse strainer.
- 6Then pass the apple puree through a coarse strainer and return it to casserole.
- 7Cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally until very thick, about 15 minutes.
- 8Add the honey and the cranberry puree and stir until blended.
- 9Transfer the butter to a heatproof bowl and cool completely.
- 10Pack into clean jars and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Apple Butter
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 37.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g