Recipe by Chicopee
This bread gives you a combination of sweet(from the apple) and tart (from the cranberries). I like to use a sweet apple like macintosh,roma,gala.
Top Review by Harried Mom
The first time I made this bread, it was eaten before I could get any. My family loved it that much. The second time I made it was for a cross country team and it didn't last much longer even with making 3 loaves. This is truly awesome! I made it exactly as is and added a sprinkle of turbinado sugar to the top as someone else suggested. Will continue to make again and again! Thanks for such a great recipe!
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine apples, sugar and oil in medium mixing bowl.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in seperate bowl.
- Add apple mixture, mixing just until moist.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Sprad batter in greased loaf pan.
- Bake @ 350 degrees 1hour.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing.