1/1 Photo of Cranberry, Apple, and Sweet Potato Packet
Lorraine of AZ's Note:
This is a great vegetable combination to accompany your fall and winter meals. It is baked in a foil packet which cuts down on the clean-up. The packet may be baked or grilled depending on the rest of your meal. When you open the packet, the burst of aroma you get will sweep you off your feet! Note that vegetables are grilled in a single packet; but when meat is involved, single serving packets are made. Recipe is from Reynolds. You will use 1 sheet (18 X24 inches) of Reynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 granny smith apples or 2 golden delicious apples, cored, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. OR grill to medium-high.
- 2Center sweet potatoes, apples and cranberries on the sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Combine butter and cinnamon; drizzle over brown sugar.
- 3Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal making one large foil packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- 4Bake 25-30 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven OR grill 20-25 minutes in covered grill until sweet potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry, Apple, and Sweet Potato Packet
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.9
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 144.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 39.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g