Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Although it's good eating anytime of the year, a relish like this is nice during the winter holidays. And although I usually go for a cooked cranberry sauce, there are times when I find the relish to be very satisfying, & sometimes I'll even use it as a dip for cinnamon chips!
- 2 medium oranges, unpeeled
- 1 small lemon, unpeeled
- 2 medium granny smith apples
- 16 ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen then thawed)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Trim the stem ends from the oranges & lemon & discard them, then cut the citrus into 2-inch chunks, but be sure to discard the seeds.
- Peel & core the apples & cut them into 2-inch chunks.
- In a food processor, pulse the fruit chinks & cranberries in batches until coarsely chopped, then pour the mixture into a bowl. Stir in sugar to taste. At this point, the relish can be chilled up to 1 week.
- Anytime up to about 1 1/2 hours before serving, stir in the almonds.