Recipe by Audrey M
This is a light dessert that looks great for a baby shower, bridal shower or quests. This recipe will serve 20 people.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 unpeeled orange, seeded
- 3 ounces cranberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 16 ounces angel food cake mix
- 2 (8 ounce) containersfrozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- fresh cranberries (to garnish) (optional)
- orange zest (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add to a food processor 1 cup cranberries and orange half; process until coarse.
- Place in a small bowl; cover and chill.
- In a medium bowl, combine gelating and boiling watter; stir until gelatin dissolves and then stir in cold water.
- Cover bowl and chill up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch cake pan with wax paper.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions and pour into lined cake pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cake should become golden brown on top and pull away from the sides of pan.
- Cool cake in pan.
- To finish off dessert, cut cake in half horizontally.
- Place bottom layer on a serving plate.
- Next, spread gelatin mixture over top that was made earlier.
- Top off with other half of cake.
- For icing, place whipped topping in a medium bowl.
- Add orange extract and fold into topping.
- Now ice cake.
- Garnish sides of serving plate and down the center of cake with cranberries and orange zest.