Washington State produces large numbers of cranberries. This delicious recipe featuring them is from the Inn at Barnum Point, Camano Island, Washington.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl by hand or using an electric mixer, blend together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter.
- Add the half and half, beaten egg, cranberries (I like the dried ones), and the white chocolate chips, and stir until the dough holds together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead for 2 minutes.
- Form into a 1/2-inch thick round, then cut the round into 8 wedges (you can also make two smaller rounds of smaller wedges, if you like).
- Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil, then transfer the wedges to the sheet.
- Bake the scones at 400 degrees F for 14 minutes or until golden brown.