Recipe by pines506
This came from a local paper.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
I just can't get enough of this salad. I cheated and used bagged coleslaw mix, but will seek out the red cabbage next time. I toasted the walnuts and they were a perfect marriage with the cranberries. The dressing ratio was perfect and will make another time for a regular salad. Roxygirl
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups red cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Put coleslaw ingredients into bowl and toss with dressing.
- Cover and let refrigerate about 3 hours before serving.
- Stir and drain off all liquid before serving.
- Slaw will keep for about 5 days covered and refrigerated.