1/1 Photo of Cranberry and Walnut Baked Brie
Pie Queen's Note:
This is ideal for parties etc and is fairly simple to make. It can be prepared in advance and then baked when needed. I use the cranberry orange sauce from Cranberry Orange Sauce which is very easy or you can buy it ready made. For the pastry i use all shortening since it gives a more flaky pastry, if you like a more flavorful pastry you can use half butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
ruff puff pastry
- 1Pastry: Try to keep all ingredients as cold as possible, rub the fats into the flour and salt. until you get a bread crumb consistency.
- 2Add just enough iced water to make a dough that comes clean away from the bowl.
- 3Roll out on a floured surface to a narrow strip.
- 4Fold in three, give a quarter turn so one of the open ends is towards you and roll out again. Repeat three times.
- 5Cover pastry and leave to rest in fridge 20-30 minutes. Take care to roll away from you and do not break the air bubbles that will rise.
- 6Spread the cranberry sauce over the pastry and place brie on top and top with walnuts.
- 7Bring the edges of the pastry together at the top of the brie in the center and pinch together.
- 8Bake at 375F for 10-15 mins or 350F for 25-30 minutes Take care not to overbake or the brie will become liquid and leak out of the pastry.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry and Walnut Baked Brie
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.0
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 244.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g