Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This playful sangria is sure to become one of your party staples. It is only slightly more tedious to prepare than the other sangrias, but well worth the extra little effort. This fruity, delicious sangria is practically a fiesta in itself but with sangria like this, why wait for the guests? Found this on Spain-recipes.com
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 cloves
- 2 medium lemon slices
- 2 medium lime slices
- 4 cranberry herbal tea bags
- 3 1⁄4 cups dry red wine
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 6 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh strawberries, trimmed
- 1 cup orange, chunks
- 1 cup club soda
- Combine the water, sugar, cloves, and lemon and lime slices together in a saucepan and set over medium heat. Mix well, and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the tea bags. After allowing the tea bags to infuse for five minutes, remove and discard the tea bags and the cloves, and transfer the mixture to a large serving pitcher. Add the wine, cranberry juice, brandy and Triple sec. Mix well and drop in the orange chunks and strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Immediately before serving, mix in the club soda for extra fizz. Serve chilled, over ice.
This is worth the little bit of extra time simmering sugar, tea, and cloves. The resulting beverage is very refreshing. Thanks, my3beachbabes! Made for ZWT5 - Kitchen Witches.
Now, this was a nice tasty sangria. Loved the cranberry and hint of tea flavors. Simple to make and really pretty with the strawberries and orange slices. I tried it with the club soda, but this one I have to say I preferred it undiluted. Sweet and refreshing! Made for Las Mistico Magicos Sirenas - ZWT5.