Recipe by greyghost
FANTASTIC cranberry sauce for holidays or every day- so good! I got it off of Pairing with Andrea - a special on food network that also is on fine living tv - a HUGE hit today at thanksgiving dinner!
- 18 medium shallots, peeled and quartered lengthwise thru root end
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2⁄3 cup ruby port
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss shallots with oil and minced fresh thyme on small rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden about 25 minutes (mine went about 30-40 minutes - just watch).
- Drizzle one tablespoon vinegar over shallots toss to coat. Continue roasting until shallots caramelize, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Bring red wine, port, brown sugar, remaining four tablespoons of vinegar and granulated sugar to boil in heavy large saucepan over medium high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add cranberries, cook until berries pop, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in parsley and shallots.
- Transfer to bowl or casserole dish. Cover and chill overnight.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- **This recipe can be made up to a week in advance if kept refrigerated.**.