Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my own version of the beloved old fashion bread pudding desert. So simple to make, and we love it!! My husband loves raisin bread, but never seems to finish the loaf. So this is my secret to my bread pudding. Since I grew up with the "waste not, want not" lesson in life. I always find something to do with our leftovers....lol
- 8 slice raisin bread, cubed
- 5 slice white bread, cubed
- 2 (680.38 g) can evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 118.29 ml golden raisin
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped (optional)
Optional Caramel Sauce for one serving only
- 14.79 ml caramel sauce (smuckers icecream topping)
- 14.79 ml non-dairy vanilla coffee creamer
- Place the cranberrys, raisins and nuts in a small bowl with just enough boiling water to cover.
- Let stand a few minutes until they are plumped out and then drain.
- In a large bowl blend the bread, cranberrys, raisins and nuts.
- In a medium bowl mix the remaining ingredients together and pour it over the bread mixture and blend.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly oiled 8x12 baking dish and allow to stand for 10 minutes before placing in oven.
- Bake in a hot 350 degrees oven for 40-45 minutes.
- COOL before cutting into serving size portions.
- THE CARMAMEL SAUCE.
- It is so simple - You make the choice in how much you want to make up at a time.
- Place ingredients in a microwave safe dish and just slightly warm up until the caramel is slightly melted.
- Blend well and pour over the bread pudding servings.
Made this yesterday for a funeral luncheon..was terrific! Had a loaf of raisin bread I wanted to use up so I used all raisin bread. Didn't have raisins..used a cup of cranberries and drizzled carmel sauce on top before I baked it..awesome!!
I love cranberry bread pudding ! I make it and top it with lemon sauce- the lemon goes great w/ the cranberry. We will try the caramel sauce !