1/2 Photos of Cranberry and Raisin Bread Pudding With Caramel Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
Chef #165326's Note:
This is my own version of the beloved old fashion bread pudding desert. So simple to make, and we love it!! My husband loves raisin bread, but never seems to finish the loaf. So this is my secret to my bread pudding. Since I grew up with the "waste not, want not" lesson in life. I always find something to do with our leftovers....lol
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices raisin bread, cubed
- 5 slices white bread, cubed
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Optional Caramel Sauce for one serving only
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce (smuckers icecream topping)
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy vanilla coffee creamer
- 1Place the cranberrys, raisins and nuts in a small bowl with just enough boiling water to cover.
- 2Let stand a few minutes until they are plumped out and then drain.
- 3In a large bowl blend the bread, cranberrys, raisins and nuts.
- 4In a medium bowl mix the remaining ingredients together and pour it over the bread mixture and blend.
- 5Pour the mixture into a lightly oiled 8x12 baking dish and allow to stand for 10 minutes before placing in oven.
- 6Bake in a hot 350 degrees oven for 40-45 minutes.
- 7COOL before cutting into serving size portions.
- 8THE CARMAMEL SAUCE.
- 9It is so simple - You make the choice in how much you want to make up at a time.
- 10Place ingredients in a microwave safe dish and just slightly warm up until the caramel is slightly melted.
- 11Blend well and pour over the bread pudding servings.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry and Raisin Bread Pudding With Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.0 mg
- Sodium 177.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g