Top Review by winkki
I always love finding a recipe that is so simple to do but looks (and tastes!) so very gourmet on the table. This definitely falls into that category. It cooked up into a thick, rich relish with a background tone of marmalade; a nice complement to all the other sweet goodies on the table. I used equal part of orange and rind; I think next time I will use 2 oranges and 1 rind, to personal preference. This was even better after being refrigerated for abour 24 hrs; a bonus to be able to make it ahead of time. Thanks so much for posting a new holiday classic! :o)
- 709.77 ml fresh cranberries
- 1-2 orange, with rind, seeds removed
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml sweetener sugar or 118.29 ml sugar substitute
- 1 piece cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cranberries, sugar and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a boil and cook until berries begin to split (about 10 minutes).
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- In a food processor chop orange with rind.
- Add chopped orange, rind and its juice to cranberries and return to stove.
- Bring to a boil and cook until liquid is reduced and ingredients become"relish" (about 10 minutes).
- Cool and serve with Roast rack of Venison or fowl of your choice.