1/1 Photo of Cranberry and Orange Pound Cake
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from the 2008 Taste of Home cookbook, Baking Classics.
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons orange zest, minced
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, chopped (fresh or frozen)
FOR THE VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE
- 1FOR THE CAKE ~ Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease & flour a 10-inch Bundt pan or fluted tube pan.
- 2In a large mixer bowl, cream butter & sugar until light & fluffy, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Stir in the vanilla & orange zest.
- 4In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder & salt, then add it to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- 5Fold in the cranberries, then pour the batter into the prepared pan & bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 6Cool for 10 minutes before removing the cake from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- 7FOR THE VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE ~ In a small saucepan, combine sugar & flour, then stir in the cream until smooth.
- 8Add the butter, then bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 9Boil & stir for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat & stir in the vanilla.
- 10Serve warm over the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry and Orange Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.8
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 167.4 mg
- Sodium 140.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 60.0 g
- Protein 6.1 g