Recipe by Cinamomma
This is one of my favorite cookie recipes. It is a sweet and refreshing cookie good anytime of the year. These cookies are perfect for gifts/care packages as they are delicious even after traveling across the country or seas.
Top Review by starryangel777
There is something missing from this recipe. I made them and they didn't fully cook even with an extended bake time. They do not list baking powder or baking soda. Maybe that would make a difference.
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter,sugar and salt in electric mixer.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add flour to mixture.
- Mix cranberries, oats and zest into dough. Form 1 inch balls and flatten onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes at 350°F.