Prep 0 mins
Cook 13 mins
A very delicious spice cookie with the added bonus of the tart cranberries - so good!!
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml packed golden brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 177.44 ml dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter 2 baking sheets.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cloves in a small bowl to blend. Set aside,.
- Using electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars in a large bowl until blended and smooth, about 1 minute. Mix in egg and vanilla. Mix in flour mixture. Stir in oatmeal and cranberries.
- For each cookie, drop one tablespoon of dough onto sheet, spacing 2-inches apart. Bake until tops and bottoms are lightly golden, rotating baking sheets, front to back and top to bottom halfway through baking to ensure even browning, about 13-15 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool completely.
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cookies can be made up to 5 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Amazing! Delicious spicy-soft cookies + Sweet-tart cranberries = a new family favorite. Next time I'll see if my KitchenAid stand mixer can handle a double batch, because the only problem with this recipe is that it only made 21 nicely-sized cookies for us!