Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is not only yummy, but it is very pretty to the eye. The red of the cranberries and the white tiny marshmallows are a wonderful contrast. The other ingredients give it some crunch. Pretty for the holidays.
- 4 cups cranberries, medium to coarsely ground
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups diced apples, peeled
- 1⁄2 chopped walnuts
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Mix the cranberries, marshmallows and sugar together.
- Cover and set overnight (or several hours at least).
- Whip the heavy cream and add this to the cranberry mixture along with the apples and walnuts.
My DD made this for us this year. It was good. We left out the walnuts. I really liked it-- my daughter said it was good. I liked the contrast of the tart cranberry with the sweet. She used the food processor and it ended up as a "grate" of little cranberry pieces.
It was pretty and interesting but not as tasty as I had hoped.
This is one of those dishes that is very subjective. I fixed it for a covered dish meal and I got mixed reviews. Some people loved it, some said it was too sweet & some said it was too tart. I personally enjoyed it but felt there was too much whipped cream in it as it was a bit soupy. Very pretty and a nice change from the usual salads at such gatherings. Thanks for sharing.