Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend's recipe, this is always a hit. Various nuts and cheeses can be substituted with ease. The dressing rocks!
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare salad ingredients.
- Whisk salad dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Toss to coat.
I served this with our family Christmas dinner and everyone loved it. It was very simple to make. The dressing has a slightly sweet oily taste and is very good. The dressing coated the salad perfectly, not too much and not too little. I did add some cherry tomatoes and cucumbers to the salad. We'll definitely use this recipe again.
This is pretty good! Nice combination of flavors! Next time I'll probably reduce the syrup and increase the vinegar because I would like it to be a little more sweet and sour than just sweet. Thanks for the great recipe Raspberry Cordial!
Wonderful! I actually had all the ingredients minus the pine nuts. I subbed slivered almonds that I toasted on the stove in some butter. Dressing is great and goes very well with the feta cheese!