Recipe by Raspberry Cordial
A friend's recipe, this is always a hit. Various nuts and cheeses can be substituted with ease. The dressing rocks!
Top Review by NTexas
I served this with our family Christmas dinner and everyone loved it. It was very simple to make. The dressing has a slightly sweet oily taste and is very good. The dressing coated the salad perfectly, not too much and not too little. I did add some cherry tomatoes and cucumbers to the salad. We'll definitely use this recipe again.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste