Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very nice addition to your breakfast or brunch. Adapted from a recipe I found on the internet.
- vegetable oil cooking spray or butter, for greasing
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cranberries, dusted with
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (or other nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray or lightly butter muffin tins. You can also use cupcake liners.
- Beat together butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- Mix together in another bowl: flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold in cranberries and nuts. Add to wet ingredients. Stir until just combined ~ do not over stir.
- Immediately fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake until inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 3 to 5 minutes before removing from pans.
This was delicious! I used dried cranberries and cut the amount down to 1 cup. It turned out wonderfully.
I just tried this recipe - it was published in the current ToH magazine (identical except for the 2 T of flour). My family loved it! We usually split our muffins and butter them, but these were delicious without any added butter. It's definitely a keeper for us; thanks for posting it!
Very easy recipe and the muffins are moist and tender. My cranberries were frozen so it took about 10 minutes longer to bake. For us the cranberries were a bit to tart in the muffins that were mild tasting and sweeter. It was a bit of a shock to have that sharp tartness. The next time I make these muffins I will pulse the cranberries in my food processor a few times with a little sugar.