Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Beautiful color! Try this with salmon or trout OR serve on the Friday after Thanksgiving at breakfast. Just doing my part to keep the holiday spirit going! Thanks to Frances Bissell for the recipe in *Preserving Nature's Bounty*
- In a large saucepan, simmer cranberries, water and THREE of the cinnamon sticks until berries pop.
- Remove cinnamon sticks, mash berries with potato masher.
- Spoon berries & liquid into a cheeecloth clipped to a colander, suspended over a large bowl; let juice strain WITHOUT FORCING -- for a few hours or overnight.
- DO NOT SQUEEZE the bag or the jelly will get cloudy.
- Measure juice into saucepan, add 2 cups of sugar for every two cups of juice; add remaining cinnamon stick.
- Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves, the boil rapidly to 200*F (sea level)--stir to prevent sticking and burning.
- Remove pan from heat; skim foam; remove cinnamon stick.
- Spoon jelly into prepared jars, seal with two-part lids; process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes (sea level).
- Label & store in cool dark place.