Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fruity and savory stuffing to serve with ham, pork, and turkey. Stuffing takes about 20 minutes from printing out recipe to table!
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Bring water to a boil in a 2 quart saucepan or casserole dish.
- Add all ingredients and cook for 5 minutes on a low temperature.
- Fluff with a fork and stir ingredients together for a couple more minutes, may add additional water, butter or seasoning if desired.
This was a quick,easy fix - used as a side to Turkey breast. It had a pleasant taste and the dried cranberries and apricots gave it a pleasant texture.
Wonderful dressing this is! I cut back on the water just a little 'cause I usually like my stuffing a little less moist, but other than that, I followed the directions right down the line. I like the combination of apricots & cranberries. This was served with a pork roast recipe [#201869] that I tagged in a ZAAR game, & everything was just perfect! Thanks so much for posting this!