Recipe by Mrs.Habu
This is great with vanilla icecream. You can use Fuji, Granny Smith, Braeburn or Gala apples. This came from the Jan Feb 04 issue of Cooking Light.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter in food processor.
- Pulse 10 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine apple and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Combine juice and remaining ingredients.
- Pour juice mixture over the apples/cranberries and toss well.
- Spoon apple/cranberry mixture into a 2 quart baking dish and then sprinkle with flour mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve warm.