Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is great with vanilla icecream. You can use Fuji, Granny Smith, Braeburn or Gala apples. This came from the Jan Feb 04 issue of Cooking Light.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter in food processor.
- Pulse 10 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine apple and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Combine juice and remaining ingredients.
- Pour juice mixture over the apples/cranberries and toss well.
- Spoon apple/cranberry mixture into a 2 quart baking dish and then sprinkle with flour mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve warm.