1 hr 15 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
You want an apple that will holds its shape in this recipe. Posted for Zaar World Tour II, 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In heavy saucepan, bring cranberries, apple juice, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg to boil over medium heat then cook, stirring, until thickened.
- 3Spoon into 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 4Arrange apples over cranberry mixture, overlapping to fit.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes.
- 7Combine flour, all but 1 tablespoon of the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 8Cut in butter until in coarse crumbs.
- 9Drizzle with milk, stirring until in pebble-size chunks.
- 10Drop by spoonfuls onto apples.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 12Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry and Apple Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 305.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 50.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g