1 hr 15 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
You want an apple that will holds its shape in this recipe. Posted for Zaar World Tour II, 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In heavy saucepan, bring cranberries, apple juice, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg to boil over medium heat then cook, stirring, until thickened.
- 3Spoon into 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 4Arrange apples over cranberry mixture, overlapping to fit.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes.
- 7Combine flour, all but 1 tablespoon of the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 8Cut in butter until in coarse crumbs.
- 9Drizzle with milk, stirring until in pebble-size chunks.
- 10Drop by spoonfuls onto apples.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 12Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry and Apple Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 305.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 50.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g