Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You want an apple that will holds its shape in this recipe. Posted for Zaar World Tour II, 2006
Make and share this Cranberry and Apple Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In heavy saucepan, bring cranberries, apple juice, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg to boil over medium heat then cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Spoon into 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Arrange apples over cranberry mixture, overlapping to fit.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, all but 1 tablespoon of the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until in coarse crumbs.
- Drizzle with milk, stirring until in pebble-size chunks.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto apples.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
What a delicious pudding! I made this for friends and used dried cranberries and fresh Braeburn Apples.....a very good combination. I loved the spiciness of this, although I did use a little less than 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg, as I grated it freshly into the mixture. Served with a dollop of creme fraiche and it disappeared VERY quickly! Made for ZWT3 - thanks Charlotte! FT:-)