1/1 Photo of Cranberry and Almond Biscotti With White Chocolate Drizzle
1 hr 20 mins
A perfect holiday cookie! You can substitute dried cherries for the cranberries, use a good quality white chocolate for this, I use Lindt or Baker's. These can be made up to 1 week ahead, or freeze in an air tight container. I highly suggest to double this recipe, these are wonderful biscotti!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (can use another 1/4 cup more for a sweeter taste)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2-3/4 cup almonds (chopped or sliced)
- 1 egg white
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3In a bowl whisk together flour with baking powder and salt.
- 4Using an electric mixer beat the butter, sugar and eggs with extract until well blended (about 4 minutes).
- 5Add in the flour mixture, then the cranberries and almonds; mix well to combine.
- 6Divide the dough in half.
- 7With floured hands shape the dough in about 9 x 2-inch logs.
- 8Transfer the logs to prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- 9In a small bowl whisk the egg white until foamy, the brush the egg white on top and sides of each log.
- 10Bake the logs until golden brown, about 35 minutes (the logs will spread when baked).
- 11Cool completely in the baking pan (leave the oven heat on to 350 degrees).
- 12Transfer the logs to a work surface.
- 13Shake out any crumbs from the parchment paper, then place back on the baking sheet with clean-side facing upwards.
- 14Using a serrated knife, sliced the logs on diagonal about 1/2 - 3/4-inches.
- 15Arrange the sliced biscotti cut side down on the same baking sheet.
- 16Bake for 10 minutes; turn the biscotti over and bake for another 5 minutes, just until beginning to lightly brown.
- 17Transfer biscotti to a rack to cool.
- 18For the glaze: stir the white chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water until smooth.
- 19Remove from over the water.
- 20Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over biscotti.
- 21Let stand until chocolate sets (about 30 minutes).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry and Almond Biscotti With White Chocolate Drizzle
Serving Size: 1 (1269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 99.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g