Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 sweet tart crust, sufficient to line a 10-inch tart pan (see Mean Chef's Sweet Tart Dough)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 8 ounces almond paste
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cranberries: bring orange juice and sugar to a boil.
- Add cranberries, remove from heat and let cool.
- Filling: Beat almond paste and sugar until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until blended.
- Assembly: Spread filling in tart shell.
- Drain cranberries and place on top of filling.
- Sprinkle with almonds to cover.
- Bake until puffed, crust is done and almonds are golden, then cool.
- Tart dough, cranberries and almond filling can all be made a couple of days ahead. Filling should be brought to room temperature or beat in a mixer to facilitate spreading.
Totally awesome tart!