Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet but I hope to soon!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin pans with paper baking cups.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Break eggs into another bowl. Whisk in butter, sour cream and almond extract. When blended, stir in 1/2°C almonds.
- Pour egg mixture over dry ingredients and mix just until blended.
- Spoon 2 scant T. of batter into each baking cup. Top with a level T. of cranberry sauce and then with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until brown and springy to the touch. Let stand for 20 minutes before removing from muffin cups.