Recipe by Veggie Girl.
I made this cake for a family potluck and it was enjoyed by everyone that tried it. I made it with splenda as a member of my family watches their sugar intake and it was still delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, packed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup almonds, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, packed
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Filling: In small saucepan, bring cranberries, Splenda Brown Sugar Blend and water to boi. Reduce heat and simmer, until thickened and reduced to 3/4 cup about 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle almonds evenly in greased 10 inch (3 L) Bundt pan and set aside.
- In bowl, beat butter with Splenda Brown Sugar Blend until fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture alternately with sour cream, making 2 additions of dry ingredients and 1 of sour cream.
- Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. Drop filling by spoonfuls in ring around centre, leaving 3/4 inch border on both sides. Spoon remaining batter on top, smoothing gently.
- Bake in 350°F oven until tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes; invert onto rack to let cool completely.