Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a muffin from taste of home.
Make and share this Cranberry Almond Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl whisk eggs, sour cream, butter, and almond extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moist. Fold in 1/2 cup almonds.
- Fill muffin cups half full; drop 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce into the center of each muffin. Cover with enough batter to fill cups 3/4ths full; sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- Serve warm.