Recipe by Elana's Pantry
Photo courtesy of Almond Board of California Slice this Cranberry Almond Loaf and enjoy it as a jazzed up base for your Turkey Club Sandwich. Or toast it and dip in olive oil for a delicious breakfast or after dinner treat. Personally, I like mine toasted and smothered in goat cheese. http://www.elanaspantry.com/cranberry-almond-loaf/
- 3⁄4 cup creamy roasted almond butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, plus 2 tablespoons to sprinkle on top
- olive oil, for greasing
- blanched almond flour, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, blend almond butter, olive oil and eggs with a handheld mixer until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine arrowroot powder, salt and baking soda.
- Blend arrowroot mixture into wet ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in apricots, cranberries, seeds and sliced almonds.
- Grease a 3 ½ x 7 ½ x 2 ¼ inch loaf pan with olive oil and dust with almond flour.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and sprinkle remaining sliced almonds on top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 1 hour, then serve.