Recipe by Fussychef
I work at a boys' school and they absolutely love this recipe. They eat it dry or with milk or yogurt. You can add whatever you want to the mix, or use regular old fashioned oatmeal instead of the kind I use in this recipe.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups vt. honey
- 1 lb cabot butter
- 5 lbs vermont morning breakfast oatmeal
- 2 lbs shredded sweetened coconut
- 3 lbs toasted almonds, sliced
- 3 cups dried cranberries
- 2 cups wheat germ
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- other dried fruits (raisins, apples, apricots)
- other nuts (walnuts, peanuts, pecans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In the microwave, or on the stove, melt the butter and add the honey, Brown Sugar, Kosher Salt and cinnamon. Stir to dissolve.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Drizzle the Butter mixture in the bowl and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread out in a thin layer on a sheet pan and toast in the oven, stirring with a spatula every 5 minutes or so. Avoid spreading mixture into the corners of the pan, as this might cause it to burn. Toast until golden brown.
- I batch cook the granola because it makes A LOT. When Fully cooled, Granola should be crispy sounding, but it will not clump together.
- Store in an airtight glass or plastic container.