Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe from Duncan Hines Cake Mix Magic 2 cookbook. Starts with a prepackaged cake mix. Easy to make and tastes wonderful. UPDATE: This tastes much better the first day and also served warm.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (see below)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Grease 13 x 9 baking pan.
- In a small bowl, toss cranberries in flour to coat well, set aside.
- In a large mixer, combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil and almond extract.
- Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir in floured cranberries, shaking off excess flour first.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 30 minutes in pan on wire rack.
- Serve warm or cool.
- *Can replace cranberries with blueberries or raspberries.