From Taste of Home magazine, Vol. 14, No. 6, December January 2007 and adapted slightly, replacing 3 large eggs with the equivalent of egg substitute...Make this for a new Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter brunch tradition!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F; grease an 8 inch square baking dish.
- 2In a small bowl, cream together almond paste, salted butter and the ½ cup of granulated sugar until fluffy.
- 3Add the egg substitute, beating well.
- 4In a separate bowl, sift together the all purpose flour and baking powder and stir into the creamed mixture.
- 5Stir in almond extract; Gently fold in cranberries.
- 6Spread evenly into the baking dish you greased at the start of this recipe and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- 7Bake in your preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake, comes out clean.
- 8Cool in the pan on a wire rack before serving.
- 9A good candidate for OAMC, too; simply wrap tightly, freeze until needed; Then thaw overnight, slice and "warm" each slice briefly in the microwave before serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 133.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 5.7 g