Recipe by Sharon123
Easy and yummy! Adapted from Good Deal with Dave Lieberman.
Top Review by LUv 2 BaKE
Wow the flavor in these is outstanding. I used semi sweet chocolate chips which worked nicely with the sweet cranberries. The chocolate was enhanced with the orange zest. I loved this. The orange flavor was there but not overpowering - the chocolate was still the first thing you tasted. The crunch of the almonds and fruity sweetness of the cranberries made this an excellent treat. Thanks Sharon!!!!
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 cups chocolate chips (about 1 1/2 12oz. bags)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1⁄2 tangerine, zest of (you may sub orange zest)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Line a 13 by 9-inch baking pan with foil.
- Lay out almond slivers on baking sheet. Bake in oven until light brown, shaking the baking pan occasionally to mix, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate morsels in a double boiler over low heat. Mix in the cranberries, almond slivers and tangerine zest.
- Pour into prepared pan. Smooth the chocolate mixture out into an even layer. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until hard, at least 1 hour. Break up chocolate into jagged, varied sized pieces. Or you may pour circles of the chocolate mixture on the foil and let cool, then you don't have to break them up. :).