1/2 Photos of Cranberry-Almond Cereal Mix, Diabetic Friendly
Keep this cereal mixture on hand and cook one or two servings at a time. From B.H.and G.
My Private Note
1/3 cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rolled oats (Old Fashioned)
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 cup bulgur (cracked wheat, or amaranth seeds)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or mix the choices) or 1 cup snipped dried apricots (or mix the choices) or 1 cup raisins (or mix the choices)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Splenda sugar substitute (white or brown, to taste optional)
- nonfat milk (optional)
- 1In a large bowl stir together oats, barley, bulgur, cranberries, almonds, cinnamon, and salt.
- 2Cover tightly and store at room temperature up to 2 months or freeze up to 6 months (stir or shake mixture before measuring).
- 3FOR 2 BREAKFAST SERVINGS:.
- 4In a small saucepan bring 1-1/3 cups water to boiling. Add 2/3 cup of the cereal mix.
- 5Reduce heat.
- 6Simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until cereal reaches desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- 7Sweeten with Splenda or Splenda Brown Blend and serve with milk if desired.
- 8MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:.
- 9For 1 breakfast serving, in a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl combine 3/4 cup water and 1/3 cup cereal mix. Microwave, uncovered, on 50% power (medium) for 8 to 11 minutes or until cereal reaches desired consistency, stirring once.
- 10Stir before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Almond Cereal Mix, Diabetic Friendly
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.3
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 45.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.5 g