Recipe from Fine Cooking
Make and share this Cranberry Almond Bundt Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 6 3⁄4 ounces all-purpose flour (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 7 ounces almond paste (Not Marzipan, about 2/3 cup)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries, chopped, fresh or thawed frozen
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350, position rack in center of oven.
- Grease and flour a 10-12 cup bundt or kugelhopf pan (or 12 1-cup mini bundt pans) Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- With a stand mixer (with paddle) or a hand mixer, beat butter and almond paste on medium speed until smooth and soft- 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy- 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- With mixer on low, alternate adding flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Scrape down as necessary.
- Beat about 20-30 seconds until batter os completely smooth.
- Fold in cranberries with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon batter into pan, spread evenly.
- Run a knife through batter to eliminate air pockets.
- Bake until wooden skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean- 40-45 minutes (20 minutes for mini cakes), Set pan on rack to cool for 20 minutes, invert cake on rack to release cake, cool completely.
- Serve at room temperature with a dusting of powdered sugar.