Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Dress up Brie round with dried fruit and nuts. Be careful not to overheat the cheese, or it will ooze too freely when cut. You can substitute curaçao (orange flavoured liqueur) with Cognac or other Brandy or dry sherry.
- 1 (1 lb) brie round
- 2 tablespoons Curacao
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons almonds (toasted & chopped)
- 2 apples, halved (cored, and sliced)
- 2 Anjou pears, halved (cored and sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cheese in a baking dish.
- Prick the top with a fork in a dozen places and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of the liqueur.
- In a bowl, toss the 1 1/2 tablespoons remaining liqueur with the cranberries, raisins, and almonds, and scatter over the top of the cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese warms and softens slightly. Using a wide spatula, transfer the Brie to a cutting board. Arrange the fruit slices alongside and serve.