Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is supposedly a "celebrity" recipe from Meg Ryan. I don't know how true that is but I got it from a friend awhile back and have just now had the chance to make it. Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised at the combination of flavors and the texture of this sweet bread.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to mix.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, gradually beat sugar into butter.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in almond extract.
- In a small bowl, stir together cranberry sauce and sour cream.
- In several batches, add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with cranberry sour cream, beating until blended. Batter will be thick.
- Pur batter into Bundt pan and lightly smooth the top.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes, or until bread is nicely browned on top and beginning to pull away from sides of pan.
- Let cool 10 minutes and unmold onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing.