Top Review by bigbadbrenda
I was confused if it should have been put together as one rool or 2 . I chose 2 . So my biscotti wasnt high . Very sticky to work with. But Hubby liked it. I used reg sugar and dried cranberries as there is no fresh around here at this time of the year but fall they are plenty. I will make them again. Made for ZWT4 the chic chefs.
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 100 g egg substitute (or 2 eggs_ )
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fat-free evaporated milk (optional)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat egg substitute, egg white, and vanilla in a separate bowl until frothy.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mixing just until moist, using an electric mixer on medium speed (I used a whisk).
- Add almonds and cranberries; mix thoroughly.
- On a floured surface, divide batter in half, knead 4 times by folding over, and pat each half into a log about 14 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide.
- If you find the mixture is too dry, add 2 tbs of fat free evaporated milk.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300ºF.
- Cut biscotti into 1/2 inch slices. Stand upright on cookie sheet and bake another 20 minutes.
- Let cool and store in a loosely covered container.