1/2 Photos of Cranberry -Almond Biscotti Light/Diabetic Version
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 100 g egg substitute (or 2 eggs_ )
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fat-free evaporated milk (optional)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 2Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- 3Beat egg substitute, egg white, and vanilla in a separate bowl until frothy.
- 4Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mixing just until moist, using an electric mixer on medium speed (I used a whisk).
- 5Add almonds and cranberries; mix thoroughly.
- 6On a floured surface, divide batter in half, knead 4 times by folding over, and pat each half into a log about 14 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide.
- 7If you find the mixture is too dry, add 2 tbs of fat free evaporated milk.
- 8Place on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- 9Cool on wire rack.
- 10Reduce oven temperature to 300ºF.
- 11Cut biscotti into 1/2 inch slices. Stand upright on cookie sheet and bake another 20 minutes.
- 12Let cool and store in a loosely covered container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry -Almond Biscotti Light/Diabetic Version
Serving Size: 1 (706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.8
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: