Recipe by Laura Zimmerman
Found this on SatelliteSisters.com and made it last year for Thanksgiving. I got lots of comments on how good it was so I'm making it again this year. Thank you to the reviewer who gave me the true name of this dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cranberries
- 1 1⁄4-2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 lb soda cracker, crushed
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and 1 1/4-2 cups of sugar depending on taste in a saucepan and heat until sugar dissolves. Add cranberries and cook until cranberries split. Set aside to cool.
- Whip the cream and 2 tablespoons of sugar until it turns into whipped cream.
- Using a glass bowl, put a layer of cranberries in the bottom of bowl. Layer soda crackers to cover well over the cranberries, then a layer of whipped cream. Start over with cranberries, crackers and cream until bowl is full, ending with the cream. A little spoon of cranberries on the top looks nice.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.