Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Simple recipe and very tasty! I love to serve this with rice, brussels sprouts and baby carrots.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 4 prepared chicken cutlets
- 44.37 ml butter
- 59.14 ml shallot, finely minced
- 2 small bay leaves
- 59.14 ml dry red wine
- 158.51 ml canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- If using breast halves place them between plastic wrap& pound them until they are apprx1/4" thick Season the cutlets on both sides with salt& Pepper.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a skillet and brown the cutlets on both sides, apprx 4 minutes per side remove chicken from pan.
- In the same pan melt remaining tbsp butter add shallots and bay leaves, saute 1 minute.
- Add wine, bring to a boil,reduce to a thick glaze, scrapping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan apprx 4 minutes.
- Add cranberries, broth& vinegar, cook until the sauce thickens slightly apprx 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan& simmer until heated through apprx 2 minutes, remove bay leaves Place chicken on plates and spoon the sauce over.
My husband is not a fan of those little red berries in any way, shape or form, but after we made this for dinner, he's a convert (at least for this one dish, anyway)! I always love any dish that combines fruit with meat, and these were perfect! The sauce was wonderful, perfectly flavored by the combination of the cranberries, onions, vinegar and bay leaves. Thanks for another favorite for our book!
I have a recipe of my own for cranberries & chicken breasts, but was interested to see how your recipe would turn out, & I'm not disappointed ~ THIS CRANBERRY CHICKEN IS GREAT! I cut it in half for 2 of us, but that was no problem at all! I appreciated the inclusion of the bay leaves & the red wine ~ A very nice touch to this keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed for a photographer who tagged a recipe of mine in Help a Camera-less Chef Game #5]
Simply awesome! We had this for dinner tonight with steamed vegies. Easy & quick to prepare, with fabulous results. Thanks Bergy for sharing this winner - we'll be having this again & again.