Prep 6 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is my favorite salad ever. The blue cheese gives just a hint of the flavor that is brought out by the balsamic dressing. This salad is almost identical to the TGI Fridays pecan crusted salad, but the chicken is not rolled and breaded in pecans and bread crumbs and fried. It’s a healthier version of it.
- 1 (10 -15 ounce) bag romaine lettuce
- 1 (5 ounce) package dried cranberries
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 2 chicken breasts
- balsamic vinaigrette (Newman's Own is great)
- 1 (4 ounce) packageof crumbled blue cheese
- Grill the chicken on an outdoor grill or a Foreman grill for about 9 minutes.
- Wash the lettuce and cut it up. Mix in the chicken, cranberries, oranges, pecans. Sprinkle blue cheese over top.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette over the lettuce to taste.
This is an easy summer dinner salad to make. The flavors of chicken, cranberries, blue cheese, pecans etc, really mingle well and the dressing ties them all together. What a treat!!!
Delicious!! This is one of my favorite kinds of salad. I used Recipe #106114 for the dressing and it went really well. Thanks for posting! :)