Recipe by Nif
Refreshing, light, and sweet. Sake cocktails are becoming a popular hit world-wide. Made from traditional Japanese rice wine, cold Sake is a great drink mixer. This recipe is from eHow but don't worry - I checked it out for you! ;) Enjoy!
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
Very nice cocktail. I agree, it's light & refreshing. I tried it both with & without the Sprite and really liked it either way. In the end I added some extra cranberry juice because my lime was drowning it out a bit. But this made a very nice bevvy to sip on while cooking dinner. Thanks for posting, Nif! Made & enjoyed for ZWT-6 Team Xtra Hot Dishes! :D
- 3 ounces sake, chilled (good quality like Momokowa Sake)
- 1 ounce cranberry juice, fresh if you can get it
- 2 lime wedges, divided
- Sprite (or 7-Up)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a martini shaker with ice. Add sake, cranberry juice and juice of 1 lime wedge.
- Shake-shake-shake the cocktail and strain into a Martini glass or some other attractive glass with a stem. This cocktail could also be served in a highball glass, but stemware looks so much more elegant.
- If you want it sweet, top the glass off with Sprite (or 7up if you prefer) to give the drink a little sparkle. Garnish with other lime wedge.