Recipe by mrsteacher22
This is a WONDERFUL cranberry raspberry salad. I make a double batch and can eat just this for two or three days!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 cups fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, broken
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Make dressing first.
- Place thawed fronzen raspberries and syrup in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a medium pan, stir in blended raspberries, cran-raspberry juice, vinegar, celery seeds, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir vigorously for 2 more minute
- Move to a non-metal bowl, cover and chill for at least an hour.
- For salad, toss spinach, nuts, cranberries, and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with some of the dressing, toss to coat.
- Serve with remaining dressing.