Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Try this on your next cookie platter. Recipe courtesy Linda Tebben and Sunset Magazine Dec. 2007.
- 1 cup butter, softened and cut into bits
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup raspberry preserves
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted mixed nuts (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 ounces white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter a 7- by 11-in. pan.
- In a food processor, whirl flour, oats, and sugar 10 seconds.
- Add 1 cup butter; whirl until mixture forms a ball.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of mixture.
- Whirl in yolks.
- Press yolk mixture into pan.
- Spread with preserves.
- Sprinkle on cranberries, nuts, and chocolate chips, then press into dough.
- Form pea-size crumbs with reserved dough mixture; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° until topping is pale gold, 45 minutes.
- Cool on a rack; drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Cut into 24 bars.
Too much shortbread....could spread to a 9x13 pan...Need to fine seedless preserves.....otherwise great.