Recipe by Tish
Whether you love the "dump" chicken terminology or not you have to love the simplicity of the recipe! Hope you enjoy :D
Top Review by LessliSueG
In response to the previous review, I make a variation of this recipe with a can of whole bean cranberry sauce instead of the juice. One can is enough to make the recipe three times. Instead of dumping the ingredients into a baking dish, I freeze everything but the chicken in a quart ziploc. I brown the chicken on the stovetop and then add the ingredients from the bag with a little chicken broth and let it simmer for at least 30 minutes. The meat gets really tender that way. I have also used pork chops, which I think are even better.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (4-6 thighs or breasts)
Directions See How It's Made
- For immediate cooking: Preheat oven to 350º Place all ingredients into a prepared baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear - about 45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts.
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear *See above cooking times.