Recipe by Ravenn2
I made this recipe in a panic when i had too many Green tomatoes and went to make raspberry jam and was not paying attention to what i was doing and made this instead. It is wonderful if you LIKE CRANBERRIES. You can vary the sugar to taste. I have made several batches of the jam with low sugar as well and it turned out well. Hope you all enjoy my mistake....
- 10 cups ground green tomatoes
- 8 -10 cups white sugar
- 1 cup diced dried cranberries (optional)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cranberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- These ingredients are what i had on hand, please use what ever product size you want as long as it equal the same amount.
- remove top core and any blemished first.
- Ground green tomatoes in food processor / blender.
- add sugar to tomatoes and cranberries in large pot and boil for 25-40 min.(depending on you for texture).
- stir consistently to prevent burning.
- skim off excessive foam.
- add jello and return to boil for 1 minute.
- remove from heat
- ladle into hot sterilized jars and wipe rims then place seal and ring.
- water bath for 10 min to ensure seal but will seal on own.
- time does not include water-bath.
- *water-bath mandatory for altitudes over 1000ft.