Recipe by Jen Hill
A stuffing that I made for a big turkey dinner last night. 3 Qts cooked, and gone before the night was out. I used a loaf of Wheat French bread for the bread cubes, so I could claim this was a healthy recipe! Amounts are approximate, since I just tossed it together.
- 8 cups cubed French bread
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and celery in butter until tender.
- While cooking above, heat cranberries and raisins in the chicken broth over low heat to plump.
- In a large bowl, mix bread cubes, walnuts and spices.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss well to ensure the mixture is evenly moist.
- Place in covered caserole dish and cook at 325°F for 30 minutes.
- If you like a crispy top, remove lid for last 5 minutes of cooking.