3 hrs 45 mins
A gelatin dessert lightened up. Found in Light & Tasty magazine. Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 ounces mandarin oranges
- 2 (1/3 ounce) packages sugar-free cranberry gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups water (boiling)
- 16 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels, crushed (salt-free preferred)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons sugar substitute, divided (or equivalent to 5 tbsp sugar)
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 8 ounces reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1Drain oranges, reserving ljuice in a 2-cup measuring cup; set oranges and juice aside.
- 2IN a large bowl, dissolve the gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce until melted.
- 3Add enough cold water to the reserved juice to measure 1 1/2 cups; add to gelatin mixture.
- 4Stir in the oranges and chill until partially set.
- 5Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and 2 tablespoons sugar substitute.
- 6Press into an ungreased 13x9x2 inch dish; chill.
- 7IN a small mixing bowl, bat cream cheese and remaining sugar substitute until smooth.
- 8Fold in whipped topping.
- 9Spread over crust and spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer.
- 10Chill for at least 3 hours or until set.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cran-Orange Gelatin Salad
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.0
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 449.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g